My name is Esteban Tovagliari and I'm a freelance software developer.
My area of expertise is VFX and computer graphics.
I have 15+ years of experience working in visual effects as a compositor and as a developer.
My personal interests include generic programming and software reuse in C++, physically based rendering, image processing and computer vision.
When I'm not writing software I enjoy reading, playing old video games and travelling.
- Strong C++ and Python knowledge
- Production experience as a developer and as an artist
- Modern software development methodologies
- Multi-platform development
- Multi-threaded programming
- Experience with libraries and frameworks commonly used in VFX such as boost, Qt, TBB, Cortex, OpenImageIO, OpenColorIO, OSL, ...
- Experience writing plugins for common DCC applications: Maya, Nuke, After Effects, ...
- Experience with RenderMan including writing shadeops, Ri filters and procedurals plugins