appleseed is a modern, open source, physically-based rendering engine for VFX and animation.
I started contributing to the project around 3 years ago
and I'm currently one of the core developers.
My contributions to the project include:
- OSL integration
- Basic OSL shader library (work in progress)
- Anisotropic microfacet reflection and refraction shading models
- Implemented a material based on the Disney BRDF with layering and SeExpr support
- GSoC 2014 mentor for appleseed.studio Disney material editor project
- Python bindings
- General maintenance, improvements and bug fixing
- Linux platform maintenance